Re: Scope and sequence-send help!!!!

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 18:55:29 PST

Patti,
        This drive for standards and benchmarks and documentation of every
damn detail has me really preplexed. If these administrators had to detail
and document their love making they would have never reproduced. Well,
perhaps that wouldn't be a bad idea at that. They want to take all the fun
and joy out of learning and teaching. I suppose kids do master scissors and
other tools but when to introduce something is when they need it. It's that
simple, no more. And, line is never not taught it's just an ongoing process
of development, sensitivity and awareness as to it's multitude of possibilities.
In art the process of sequence is reversed anyway. At just about the
point
when students start to stop being creative, the real artists among them begin
the process of trying to revert to being a child again.
        I don't give my principle lesson plans, I've given up trying to educate her.
I offered to put up student art on a bulletin board two days ago but asked
another teacher put up paper hearts instead.
                                                                Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com