Making musical instruments - need some help

---------

From: Anna N. (anna_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 16:43:57 PST

Hi there, I'm thinking about doing an after-school class (6 1-1/4hr.
sessions) on making musical instruments. I have done rainsticks maracas,
and sand-blocks. Has anyone ever made drums? I'd love to hear some ideas
about it. I thought of just using buckets and decorating them, but also
thought about somehow stretching rubber around the top of a can,
or....something??? Any kind of instrument ideas would be great. I'd love
to tie it all in to a certain culture, but not a must. This would be for
children in grades k-5.

Any ideas would be wonderful!

Thanks a bizillion!

Anna