Re: New York, New York

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 19:52:37 PST

In a message dated 2/14/01 8:15:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ejb35@columbia.edu writes:

> Black. Wear nothing but black. It keeps your wardrobe simple and you
> will fit in. New Yorkers eschew color. Gray was the "new" black last
> year, but this year we are back to wearing black. Maybe because of
> the Nasdaq tanking last April???

Jane, you give some good advice...those of you coming to N.Y. should read her
post. I agree travel is best in groups or pairs. Yes, keep pocketbooks,
cameras on your lap while dining. Again, just like any large city-Rome,
Paris, one must be careful and aware at all times. But, don't obsess over it!

But, BLACK- ooohhhh, I look horrible in black! Does nothing for my green
eyes- LOL. Who says we all wear black? This year rasberry is really the
trendy color, if you must know...for those of you who are trendy! Again, you
will see EVERYTHING in N.Y. City, so you don't have to change your
wardrobe...wear what makes you feel comfortable! As for me, I'll be the one
in the bright pink sweater! LOL....

Susan on Long Island

---