Re: Scope and sequence

---------

From: Patricia Nelson (nelsonpatriciav_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 19:15:36 PST

According to my teacher's ed notes, scope is the course plan for either one semester or full year and sequence is the achievement unit outcome component, method of instruction/resources used, student activity, method of assessment, evaluation criteria and extensions of the unit--such as corrective measures or enrichments ( if needed). We had to design a Course Plan using a rubric with those listings for each lesson unit. We also had to utilize "Bloom's Taxonomy" (verbs which state "The student will...) It's a lot of verbage to specifically explain your lesson plans and the methods you expect to use to accomplish your objective and the type of evaluation used to justify your grading process.
  GladRabbit001@cs.com wrote:
Take a look at Getty's art ed program on line. They explain scope and
sequence very well, I think. Scope is the depth of the program. Sequence is
how you accomplish the depth. At least that is how I understand it. They
have very specific statements that I found helpful in their DBAE sampler
notebook as well. Susan Sanders

---
A bit of Kansas Sunshine to brighten your day.(:-)    NPV