Please Come To My Presentation

---------

From: William Norton (alethiap_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 06:20:59 PST

To All Going To New York:

I sent a message a couple of weeks ago, but now as we get closer to
the convention I want to ask all of you out there who will be going to the
convention,
to try and come to my session.

Thu 4:00 - 4:50
EXCEPTIONAL EDUCATION Beckman Parlor
"Come Celebrate A Special Book's Creation"
Presented by: William Norton

I have a student who has CP with only use of her head and neck. She has
written and illustrated a children's book loosely based on her relationship
with her grandmother and Christmas. This is a wonderful story with a great
message. I have edited her book into Pagemaker.

Through grant money only, I set up a computer station to provide the visual
world
to her for the first time. And through additional funding, this book has
been "tweaked" by a professional graphic designer to create a finished,
polished book. It is being printed and bound (500 copies) by a
professional printing company.
The final goal will be to have this book nationally published. It will happen!
I will have copies of this book for sale, all money goes to my student.

I would love to have a full house for this presentation!! My journey
through this process can be an an ispiration to all art teachers. Practical
ideas and resources will be included in this presentation. If I can make
this all happen, anyone can. I firmly believe this has never happened
before, anywhere. With all your help we can truely say, "The visual door
can be opened to all students nationwide".

Thank You for all your help.

William Norton
Menomonie High School Art
Menomonie, WI