RE: NYC Art Museums

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 19:57:28 PST

I would not plan on a lot of museums being open on Mondays - most tourist
sites close Mondays to clean. But that might be a southern US thing, left
over from the blue laws.

Just a word of caution - be careful about the endings you put on web
addresses. Most museums should end in .org (organization for non profits) or
edu (education). Sometimes people get domain names that are similar to
sites that people would seek out but use a different ending, then put up
some pretty nasty stuff. The most famous is whitehouse . com . The US
government got others like nasa . com taken down because they own the
trademark on the acronym. But white house is to common a term to trademark.

Kimberly Herbert (kimberly@wcc.net)
CAM Administrator