Re: Scope and sequence

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 19:14:43 PST

By scope and sequence they usually mean what is taught when,
and in what order. It might help differentiate the material covered
from other courses that might cover similar material. It might help
describe how the level of skill and technique would differ in an
advanced rather than a beginning or intermediate course. I have
never seen it done well in an art curriculum but would be interested
if someone has an example. What I have seen is rather superficial:
like doing Ancient Art in one Grade and Greek and Roman in another,
or doing Lino cuts in one grade and Monotypes in another. It applies
well in Math where there is common agreement on the order and
sequence something ought to be taught in.
                                        For what it's worth from Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com