Re: relief sculptures

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 18:45:20 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: <Jhirunrtx@aol.com>

 . . added further texture and background by drawing
> into the foil. We wiped on black printing ink and wiped off when dry.
They
> looked very good, but I think I'll try something else next year besides
the
> ink. It was hard to rub off

I like to use waterproof speedball calligraphy ink. I have the students
paint it all over the surface with a brush, then, while it's still wet, they
gently rub with a paper towel until they get the effect they want (anywhere
from gray with black in the recessed areas, to polished silver with black in
recessed areas). It is very easy to rub off when wet, and stays put when
dry.

Leah

---