Re: Scope and sequence

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 18:19:19 PST

In a message dated 2/13/01 8:52:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
colmans1@cape.com writes:

> I am trying to write curriculum for a new Advanced Drawing and Painting
> class. The minimal components of the curriculum are: philsophy, general
> goals, scope and sequence and course objectives. Can someone please explain
> the difference between scope and sequence and general goals etc. It's the
> scope and sequence component that is confusing me. What exactly does it
> mean?
> Thanks, Marian

Hi, Marian! I am on a committee within the New York State Art Teachers'
Association to write a curriculum guide for the art teachers in New York
State. We just met in Albany this past weekend to formulate a curriculum
which included scope and sequence. Scope and sequence means sequential
learning experiences in a standards based curriculum which relate in other
ways to the standards in other disciplines such as ELA, social studies,
science, and specifically how they relate. General goals would be the goals
you set within your own discipline- Advanced Drawing and Painting.
Hope this helps a little.......Susan on Long Island

---