New Middle School Art materials from Davis

---------

From: JDecker (JDecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 17:12:09 PST

Visual Resources and text books are always popular topics on this
list.....Davis Publications has come out with some new series for the middle
school. These explore the themes of art.
Art: A Personal Journey
Art: A Community Connection
Art: A Global Pursuit
I have ordered one student copy of each of these (just for my own personal
use). I will let you know how I like the series. If I decide to keep the
books, I will make them available to folks over the summer. The books are
$42.50 each so you will probably only want one classroom set. I already have
the older middle school texts by Laura Chapman, A World of Images and Art:
Images and ideas (one set each)--so I know my school will not be buying any
of these....BUT-- this company does give you a sample copy to preview if you
are considering purchasing their texts.

If you are interested in finding out more about Davis books--
1-800-533-2847
http://www.davis-art.com

Judy Decker

---