re: relief sculptures

---------

From: Teri Mason (tmason_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 09:51:22 PST

<<Have any of you ever done bas-relief sculpture with cardboard then covered
with aluminum foil and india ink,etc. etc.? The technique looks really
neat-like cast metal.
What kinds of units have you used this with? maskmaking? cubism?
abstraction?>>
I've done a type of bas-relief with 3rd graders using this technique. WE've done masks, dragons and hearts made with yarn. They always turn out really good, and they remember the difference between relief sculpture and sculpture in the round.
teri

---