Re: primary colors song

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 04:15:37 PST

In a message dated 2/13/01 5:33:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
skygeoff@home.com writes:

> to the tune of "Three Blind Mice"
>
> Red, yellow blue,
> red, yellow, blue,
> I see you,
> red, yellow, blue.
> You are the primary colors,
> You make all the other colors.
> I wish I were a color
> like red, yellow, blue.
>
> Sky

Sky, you and I already know that we teach similarly...
O.k., o.k., I admit it! When I do my "famous" (LOL) color mixing lesson with
my kinders, I lead them all in this song, written by moi....

To the tune of Row, Row, Row Your Boat:
Red, red, red and blue,
Mix red, red and blue,
Mix red, red, red and blue,
Get purple for you!

Blue, blue, blue and yellow,
Mix blue, blue and yellow,
Mix blue, blue, blue, and yellow,
Get green, my fellow!

Mix yellow, yellow, yellow and red,
Mix yellow, yellow and red,
Mix yellow, yellow, yellow and red,
Get orange instead!

We mix each color paint and sing as we go along! I have other songs and
routines, too! LOL. I even warn the older kids that if they're not good,
I'll sing to them as their punishment. The theme this year in my art room is
art barn (foamcore barn around the doorway until the fire marshall made me
remove it) and a big banner with cows and the whole bit reads, "I'm in the
MOOOD for Art", which has become our theme song..."I'm in the moood for art,
simply because it's Monday (Tues., etc.)...

Look for me at the conference, I'll be the one singing. Anyone else want to
join me?
Susan on Long Island (No Barbara Streisand, but what the heck)

---