Re: Am I Wrong

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 21:41:21 PST

ARTNSOUL12@aol.com wrote:

> Maggie, that's an interesting point. A good point of view to think about! I
> am really more concerned that my students not use another artist's art as
> their own. I remind them that another artist already invented Micky Mouse,
> when they want to use a symbol or drawing from a particular source. Then I go
> into the plagiarism with written text analogy. Hearts and rainbows, although
> not terribly original, are generic.

I agree, Susan. I don't allow my students to use any cartoony
characters, logos, etc. as they are someone else's artwork. I
personally don't care for the hearts/rainbows/team names/yin yang, etc.
that they sometimes want to use in the looser assignments, but as I
said, those symbols are important to them.

Maggie

---