Re: inner city teaching prob

---------

Iteachart7_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 20:21:37 PST

In a message dated 2/12/01 9:18:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
felsecker@home.com writes:

> I ALWAYS have a seating chart for those same reasons! If they start to
> whine, I tell them I'll consider changing once I get to know
> everyone..notice that the word is "consider". I also have the option of
> changing seats ANY time someone demonstrates they CAN'T handle the freedom

I have seating arranged in alpha order around each table. ( I have three)
Whne they say can we have a change- I reverse the order! I start with z-
They still sit with the same group, but they get a different view of the
room! I can take attendance after everyone has started- Check out HArry
Wongs' First day of school. It's a great tool for classroom management.
Peace
GAbrielle

---