Re: Need info about Red Grooms

---------

From: sandra (tamayo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 12:00:26 PST

dear Pam,Red Groom tales- I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with
Red Grooms and can honestly say he is the least pretentious and very kind
being. You can probably track him down in NY. If I had the space and time
one of my earliest interactions into art, as far as being in an environment
is going through Ruckus manhattan while in high school. I think it would be
wonderful to transform a room as he did and make a life size subway car and
various monuments,buildings from your local city etc. I also have a fun
poster he signed which my kids ask every so often if they can cut up. It is
a London Bus paper cutout that could be assembled if let be. He was/is
wonderful because he uses high school kids when setting up his
environments. Try contacting Guggenheim or the Modern. I have found some of
his work on sculptor.org a year or so ago.
Sandra