Re: NOISE in the art room thread.....

---------

From: Andrea Dunmire (artshui_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 05:05:04 PST

Jean,
I have the exact same setup. AND along with the ducts that run along the
ceiling, I have the added joy of blower noise every time the heating/cooling
system kicks on. When it is on, I cannot hear what the kids are saying to
me. I covered up two of the ducts hoping it would help, but I think this is
all in my mind.

What I was considering was to make banners with some of my classes and hang
them up to act as baffles. They could relate to art concepts or elements
and so would add to the learning, too.

I liked Bunki's idea of the parachute, but there are large lights hanging
too and these get hot so couldn't be covered or touched.

Let me know what you come up with.

Andrea in Pa.
   - to contact me directly use artshui@hotmail.com