Appropriate Artist Needed

---------

From: Andrea Dunmire (artshui_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 04:59:34 PST

Good morning,

I need some help from all the experts on this list.
I always introduce an artist or two with each lesson, and then base the
production on her/his works/philosophy. I want to do it backwards with my
fifth grade this time. I want them to do a bas-relief of an insect. This
will be done on foam-cor with papier-mache and some will eventually be
mounted permanently in our school in a border-type layout around doors and
such. (I have an abundance of foam-cor- don't really know where the insect
came from except that I thought this would allow much diversity..)
Anyway, I need an artist to introduce to the kids to lead into this.
Possibly someone who worked in bas-relief, or papier-mache, or insects?
(That's a stretch). Any and all ideas/leads would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrea in Pa.
   - to contact me directly use artshui@hotmail.com