Re(2): Am I Wrong

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 03:20:55 PST

To all of those who gave me feedback on the above topic I thank you. From
the other teachers I work with (2) I have seen Mickey Mouse, a shoe, love
boxes, hearts, dice, turtles, many vases that are copies of the one the
teacher made, etc.

I really thought I was in the wrong by not allowing my students to do
these fun things. My objective will be for my students to create an
abstracted portrait in clay or to transform functional objects into
figurative sculptures. I feel this does give them some choice. The art
history will come fromt the works of Picasso.

Thanks again for the feedback.