Re: Student who is colorblind

---------

From: pgstephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 18:52:54 PST

A few weeks ago I chatted with futuristic space artist Robert McCall to
gather information for an article I was writing. In one of our
conversations, Bob shared with me that he is colorblind. He did not
know he was colorblind until he tried to become a pilot during WWII and
could not pass the vision test. Remarkably, he was already working as
an artist and making a living when he was told he was colorblind.

I only mention McCall as a way of perhaps giving colorblind students a
chance to feel that they can be successful in art. One look at the
conceptual art of "2001" should be enough to inspire most boys. You
might also provide Bob's website so the kids can look at his work.

http://www.mccallstudios.com/mccall/artist.html

Regards from Texas,
Pam

 I don't know if the kids will every truly