Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: relief sculptures

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 18:26:47 PST

        Instead of cardboard, I use scrap yarn which has been soaked in a
glue and water mix, which is squeezed out before applying the yarn to lines
of pure glue which are drawn on cardboard. Allow to dry thoroughly.
Besides the foil technique, you can make paper embossings as well. I have
used this technique for units on Pre-Columbian art, especially the gold
masks and animal figures.

technique looks really neat-