RE: Use of hand tools

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 16:15:55 PST

We (my husband and I) use saws, hand drills and so on ordered through the
Science Source. I will try to track down the catalog - the last time I
checked their web site it was lacking.... most of the tools/materials and
resources come from Great Britain - the schools seem to be way ahead in the
technology department. I did a huge unit on gears, cams and other simple
machines in folk art last year - we had 2 dozen saw going at a time. The
kids were very good with them - and careful use of the tools is a simple
physics lesson on force -
The Science Source always has a booth set up at the National Science
Teachers conference, and I think the math too... I have never been to an art
one - but they should be there.

The hammering hurts my head - but the silence later is golden!