Re: clay heart box

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 09:28:36 PST

I have my 8th graders do a slab project that must be perfect,--look
factory
produced--no dips, no fingerprints, perfectly even edges, lids lined with
an inner rim---the heart boxes that some chose to make with 1/4" clay are
really nice and a good experience in slab building. My exphasis is
definitely on craftsmanship--there is no creativity involved, but if they
have never made a slab pot before they must first develop the skill to do
it--then explore creative uses. IT's like giving them their first pencil
and expecting them to draw creatively with it--they first have to figure
out how to hold it etc. Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko Junior High School #
# 777 Country Club Drive #