Re: SPAM....WHAT TO DO?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 07:24:21 PST

Curt James wrote:
> Regarding SPAM: I've used an ISP called PAOnline as
> well as AOL and three of the "free" internet providers
> - FreeLane (by Excite), Juno, and NetZero, and the
> only provider on which I received excessive spam and
> other trash email was America Online.

> It's not this list. It's the ISP.

>From Woody,
Spam and virus authors have the same mind set. They don't want to
waste their time. Not many people write a virus for Macs cause not
too many users are out there. They write virus programs for pc users
cause that's where the most damage can be done quickly. The same
goes for spam. Why send spam out to juno and netzero when you
would reach so few people ? For the same effort you can send to the
millions of AOL folks and reach a larger audience. You can get more bang
for the buck that way.
                                                        Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail