Re: Innovative H.S. Art Programs

---------

From: Dorothy Kane (creative-metals_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 06:53:51 PST

Jean,
It is an initiative by the US government to restructure HS's of 1,000 or
more into "smaller learning communities," and goes beyond curricular change.
We are researching areas such as reconstructing space and time, academies,
career pathways, and house systems. We have a strong art curriculum, but are
open to looking at new ways to deliver education, as we wish to remain a
vital part of our building as it undergoes this change. It is an exciting
process.

This link should take you to the USDE Smaller Learning Communities program.
There has not been a grant announcement for 2001, but may be later this
year.
www.ed.gov/offices/OESE/SLCP
Please contact me directly if you want more detailed information.
Dorothy
creative-metals@home.com