Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

NYC / Hilton / NAEA

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 23:10:11 PST

Tonight my husband and I went to the Civic Center to see a revival
musical. The Hilton is just a few blocks away so we decided to go
explore the Conference Center.

It looks like it will be very easy to get around in the Conference
Center. The rooms have a logical arrangement and most are generously
large. Isles are nice and wide. Plenty of convenient restrooms. As
far as I could tell the rooms are close together except for the
Concourse area which is 2 floors below the rest of the activity. I
could not locate the area where the venders will be. I always dread
learning a new building because by the time I figure the lay of the
land and can move around quickly it is time to go home.

There are a gazillion restaurants around the area with a wide price

The worst conference center NAEA has used that I have experienced was
San Francisco with the 2 separate buildings joined together into one
building. You couldn't go from one side of the same floor to the
other side without going down to the lobby and up again because they
were really separate buildings joined at the lobby. I was constantly
lost and missed so many sessions.

This hotel looks very inviting!
Getting very excited!
Sharon from NJ