Re: Use of hand tools

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 22:06:29 PST

|the implications. I feel that with proper training, supervision and safety
|measures in place ten and eleven year olds can successfully use these hand
|tools.

       I agree. Yes, they can.

wondering if, indeed, I am getting ahead of age appropriate
|activities.

        No, And don't give up your program. Children learn so much through
manipulation of materials. If they can be taught and trusted to work with
animals at home, they can and should work with tools in school. You can
start introducing some tools in primary grades.

                Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus