Breakable "Art" (WAS: Am I Wrong)

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 21:43:45 PST

*LOL* I told my kids that I am clumsy as well - bongs, pipes, ashtrays, etc.
all have a tendancy to break before they ever make it into the kiln. I have
had to expand this to include mushrooms and 4:20. I don't know the
background on these but have been told by one of my "snitches" that they are
drug related. When the kids ask why they can't make these things I tell them
A) They aren't art B) IF MOM really wants an ashtray for Mother's Day then
go to the Dollar Store and buy her one and C) If they cannot wear that type
of garbage on a shirt to school then why do they think they can make it in
class and D) If they REALLY want to make that type of stuff in art class,
then by all means go to college and get their own class, then they can make
all the rules they want. It always amazes me that there is always at least
one student that is amazed that I will dictate the projects in class and not
let them do whatever they want - after all, it's ART class! *L*
~Michal
whest177@wheatstate.com
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

>After that, I cautioned that
> for whatever reason, old Mrs. H (that's me), just gets very clumsy when
she has to
> put anything like 'bongs' , or 'ashtrays' into the kiln. (I only had to go
> "whoopsy" a few times, and then everyone got the message~yup just dropped
those
> suckers to the gasp of a whole class of kids!) I am passive agressive, I
know.