Re: Am I Wrong

---------

From: KPRS (kprs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 18:27:15 PST

When I first took over from the art teacher who left on a maternity leave, I
noticed the same kind of ceramic 'do dads" being produced by her students. First
thing I did was throw out all the lovely pinks, and baby blue glazes, and
purchased all earth tones. (I have since bought them back, I know "pound
foolish"~but now if kids use those colors they have a purpose as stated ahead of
time). I then introduced my notion of 'thesis' work. After that, I cautioned that
for whatever reason, old Mrs. H (that's me), just gets very clumsy when she has to
put anything like 'bongs' , or 'ashtrays' into the kiln. (I only had to go
"whoopsy" a few times, and then everyone got the message~yup just dropped those
suckers to the gasp of a whole class of kids!) I am passive agressive, I know.

Also a note to "I just have to Vent"~ I carry a note to myself in my wallet~ it
simply states: There are no victims-only volunteers!

San D