Re: inner city teaching prob

---------

From: Jayna Ledbetter (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 16:41:06 PST

I have already posted a response to the person who
needed to vent about his/her experience in an inner
city school, and my advice was to go home and start
over. I responded that way because of the obvious lack
of support from administration and colleagues. I whole
heartedly agree with Woody and Sharon, in fact, if
anyone deleted the message from Sharon Henneborn
without reading it, I strongly suggest you go back in
the archives and read it- she was right on. In my
school, I have found that the typical "trouble makers"
come to me for advice and a shoulder to cry on. The
relationships you can form with a child who most
adults have stereotyped as a lost cause can be so
beautiful and meaningful. When they see that you
really care when no one else will, you have made a
friend for life.
Jayna