Re: Am I Wrong

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 13:05:22 PST

> a project for a test grade, they allow the students to make that heart
> with their boyfriends name, or that heart shaped box, or a basketball. . .
> would like for my students to do something more associated with art
> history, ex. Hopi Indians, Maria Martinez, etc. It can even be some
> abstract. . .

When I taught H.S. pottery, I would assign them what I thought were
meaningful projects (like the "history" ones you mention). Every so often,
depending on how well they used their time, they would be allowed an
"independent project." They could do what ever they wanted (within reason)
and the grade was based on craftsmanship. I must confess, I recently made
a heart dish with my and my husband's name in it for his valentine present,
tee hee.

Leah