Assistive devices, or other strategies

---------

From: Dorothy Kane (creative-metals_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 08:17:18 PST

I have a HS student with severe tremors and a passion for artmaking. He is often successful in compensating by using more pressure, working to a different scale, or bracing his hands and wrists. If there are any art therapists or others with direct knowledge in other techniques or resources, please pass ideas along. He is bright and determined, and actually thinks he wants to be an art teacher. Our Special Ed. department is in a position to assist him; they would also benefit from any of your collective wisdom pertaining to art and this type of disability. Thank you.

Dorothy Kane
Michigan