Receiving porn spam

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 06:46:27 PST

Jhirunrtx@aol.com wrote:

> The e-mail that I recieved that started this thread, was because I am on this
> group. Evidently, the person who sent me the e-mail, pulled my name from this
> list. His subject heading said "suggestion" so I thought it was acomment from
> someone on this list.That's why I opened and responded. He said in another
> e-mail,' While surfing the internet, I ran across your post talking about
> teaching nudes in art to kids, so I thought you would be well disposed to
> artistic nude child photography."

Here's how he got your address: "While surfing the internet, I ran
across your post..." He obviously did NOT sign up for the listserv.
The archives are certainly not that easy to search, anyway. As Bunki
and others pointed out, it's easy to find our messages while doing a
search on the Web, using any search engine. I've come across some,
also. There is no way to prevent this from happening, unless you
refrain from posting anything on any site.

Maggie