Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: HELP! Computer problem

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 03:20:07 PST

I am also on an i-Mac with OS 9, which I love, but know little
about what I'm doing, even though it looks like I know what
I'm doing. There are real "nerds" or experts out there who
can solve your problem. I suggest that you register on a Mac
trouble site:
and post your problem there. You may be able to search their
archives to find the same problem and a posted solution.
In the mean time, have you tried increasing the allotted
memory to your netscape program ? That may help.
                                                Woody in KC

Jocelyne Desmarais wrote:
> Hi all! I've been reading your posts for a few months now and have
> compiled a folder of some really terrific ideas and practical info
> (thanks a bunch!). However, I use my delete button quite a lot and now
> when I try to delete a message, the Netscape program totally quits
> itself. Also, when I click on the "trash" icon in the Mail Folder, the
> Netscape program quits as well. I am close to being computer illiterate,
> but I suspect that I may have forgotten to empty the trash for a while
> and have ruined its ability to function properly. If any of you have
> had this problem and can suggest a solution, I would be most grateful.
> I have contacted Netscape's online help, but I haven't received a
> response yet. I have an imac os9 and the mac technician I spoke to
> believes it is a Netscape software problem because I can still trash
> word-processing files successfully.

                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on
You are welcome to visit my Web Site at