Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

/Intercity teaching....WHAT TO DO?

From: Patricia Nelson (nelsonpatriciav_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 23:14:27 PST

 Emporia State University now has a trial program for student teachers to spend a year with a co-operating teacher. Lots of paper-work in addition to learning to teach and using discipline techniques. Hopefully the co-operating teacher is an effective educator and able to instruct the student teacher in all aspects of the teaching field. This year, there were 6 students in the program. If this proves to be effective, then within a few years, our teachers program will be designed within this format.

  The Austin's <> wrote:

Instead of spending 3 1/2 years in college prep and then 1 semester student
teaching is not conducive preparing students to take on a new teaching job.
On the job training is the best
A bit of Kansas Sunshine to brighten your day.(:-)    NPV
Do You Yahoo!?
- Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail Personal Address  - only $35 a year!