Re: 3d for kindergarten

---------

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 11:46:51 PST

On 2/9/01 6:32 AM, Michelle Lowe at mishlowe@amug.org wrote:

> Hi, I'd love to hear a couple ideas you have for 3d work for kindergarteners.
> We have done clay, and I thought about playdough, but I'm sure you all have
> some other fun ideas and I would love to hear them.

I like doing wood scrap sculpture. The high school shop and the local frame
shop save scraps for me in a box. The kids then glue wood scraps together on
a matte board base. if the glue won't hold, they use masking tape and
glue, and remove the tape the next day when the glue is dry. They also like
to paint their sculptures. They are always very free form.

MaryAnn F. Kohl
maryann@brightring.com
http://www.brightring.com