Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: I need to VENT/Intercity teaching....WHAT TO DO?

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 10:15:28 PST

Thanks, but I'll leave the research to you younger folks. I've been
teaching in the same inner city Middle School for 25 years and I have
only 841 days till retirement. Not that I couldn't learn something, but
I'm having too much fun working with my students to stop and research
why and how they tick.
                        Enjoy your research, Woody in KC wrote:
> Hello, I am a first year grad student of Secondary Ed., Art at George
> Washington University in Washington DC. I am now doing research on how
> to motivate students. In particular I am interesting in learing how to
> motivate the more difficult student, the ones that may have troubled
> backgrounds and ones that are not self-motivated. I have noticed in my
> exhaustive search for research on motivation that I have come across
> several good journal articles in ERIC that address this subject and in
> particular the inner city population. I may even do my research project in
> this specific area.
> Just a thought but there has been reseach done in this area if you care to
> investigate.

                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on
You are welcome to visit my Web Site at