Using PTA - Reflections for art advocacy

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 10:09:00 PST

We are looking for ways to use the PTA’s Reflections program for art
advocacy. After the next “theme” is announced. We are going to develop DBAE
lessons around artists that some how fit the theme. Hopefully we can make
reproductions available to classroom teachers to display in their classroom.
We will do some outreach if teacher desire it. We will also have workshops
at the museum for both teachers (mostly classroom helping them integrate art
into their curriculum) and kids. Hopefully this will help get parents
advocating for more art in the schools.

Any ideas/sugesstions

Kimberly Herbert ( kimberly@wcc.net <mailto:kimberly@wcc.net> )
CAM Administrator