Re: New Student Art

---------

From: barb cicchelli (bcriverspirit_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 06:20:05 PST

They looked great Woody-tell kids-great work
  Woody Duncan <wduncan@kc.rr.com> wrote:
Good Morning,
School was canceled due to an ice storm that is moving through the
Kansas City area. This is sure to mess up our Scholastic Art awards
program turn out in Lawrence tomorrow morning. I'm home messing
on my little i-Mac until the power goes out. I do have a fire going to
keep us warm and toasty.
Here is a page just finished by my seasoned web designers. TJ edited
the photos of the drawings and Terry created the page using composer.
http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/backofheads.html
The drawings were done by my seventh graders. I was trying to get them
to explore the potential of line. It's an old tried and true lesson
that I'm sure
most of you have done. The only twist was that we worked from black and
white digital photos of the back of students heads. It helped since I could
use heads in all my classes rather than just those in the room at one time.
It gave us a wide selection of really interesting heads rather than just who
was available. Thank you Sony Mavica. And, yes I talked to the
students
about drawing from life being a better learning experience than using photos.
Yes, artists cheat too !!
What are your classes up to, Woody in KC

--
I'm from Kansas, where the voters threw out
To respond to me privately via E-mail