RE: 100th day projects

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 05:13:36 PST

give each child a '1' and a '0' to place and trace for '100'... how can they
arrange the tracings to create a picture with 100 hidden in it.

sheets of 100 circles for them to complete (a bicycle using two... hot air
balloon...)

give them 100 toothpicks and 100 split peas - create a design on small
squares of mat board - spray paint white.... ( I actually did this one year
on a tight budget - they were pretty neat little things)

a sculpture with 100 toothpicks....

an assemblage with their collections of 100 things they bring in...

draw what the world will be like in 100 years...

stitch or string 100 buttons or beads to create a pattern...

give them a 10 x 10 grid and have them write their name - one letter per
block... color code and create a quilt square with their own color
pattern...

create a group weaving with 100 strips of paper, 100 pieces of yarn, 100
ribbons, 100 broom straws, 100..... or have each student weave 10 rows of 10
things.... or have groups do different multiples -

cut a poster of a print into 100 squares - let each child reproduce theirs -
reassemble -