Re: Alternative finishes for clay (P.S. for Joseph)

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 18:10:24 PST

Yes please fire it first, then apply the "room temperature glazes".
Please don't fire it after you put those strange things on the clay.
Students and teachers might all die, and we would be reading
about it in the paper. All kidding aside, try a red iron oxide wash,
then rub the bisque ware down, when it's dry spray some gloss
fixative on the surface. Great look.
                                Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail