Re: art room technology

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:33:13 -0600

Debbie,
The important questions to ask the workshop participants to consider is:
How can new technology be used differently to enhance learning ? What
is unique
about a particular piece of technology and how can it best be used to
increase our
ability to learn ? Get them to think "outside the box", rather than to
simply use
new technology to teach what they already teach. I hope these questions make
sense ? Too often new technology is used to do the same old things or
used to add
blinking lights to a tired old program. Busy work is busy work weather
done with
pencil an paper or on a $2,500 computer. Explore what is unique to the
computer and
how it's unique qualities can be best used to push learning. The spread
sheet, power point,
and the internet are places to start thinking. I would suggest checking
out these sites:

http://kancrn.org/
http://www.2learn.ca/Projects/Together/structures.html
http://scrtec.org/
http://www.2learn.ca/
http://www.art.unt.edu/ntieva/
http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/duncan/resource_wduncan.html

Good luck in your presentation, Woody in KC

--
                I'm from Kansas, where evolution is outlawed
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail