Kistler Books...my kids' opinions for what it's worth....

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 04:32:28 -0800

> the teacher prior to me used kistler's books and videos as her 6, 7, and
> 8th grade drawing lessons. she also used them to teach perspective and
> value. when i began to teach here i was so appaled that this was how art
> was being taught that i totally dismissed them as being of any value.
>From: Tmcnorf
*************

I teach 6,7,8th grade art in the east bay of San Francisco. In the back of
my classroom I have a library of books and many of them are how-to-draw
books like "How to Draw Monsters", "How to Draw Aliens", etc. as well as
biographies, movie making, art techniques, origami, and museum books.
Besides my standard "if you finish early" assignments, kids can go back and
thumb through these selections which I encourage. Among these books I also
have Kistler's book. Without fail, my kids bypass this book thinking it too
elementary for them. It's their choice, of course, but when given a chance
to decide on their own, they are not interested in looking at this book. I
find this fascinating as I had thought they would enjoy this book.You can
never second-quess these "buggers". Just thought I'd pass this along.
Toodles.......

  • Reply: Egartteach: "Re: Kistler Books...my kids' opinions for what it's worth...."
  • Reply: Laurann65: "Re: Kistler Books...my kids' opinions for what it's worth...."