Re:Teresa's care package (volunteers?)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 10:41:34 -0500

Teresa Tipton wrote:
> I have done papermaking and papercasting for about 15 years>I don't have access to the cotton
> linters so I use 100% recycled paper. In Africa, I use heavy duty> mosquito netting.
> Vaseline is very expensive where I live so we use car
> grease. Casting onto a sheet of plexiglas creates the ideal finished surface
> and is the easiest to remove. But again, where I am living now, we don't
> have access to it. In Africa, we don't have handiwipes, but the "J" cloth is a good
> substitute. > Teresa Tipton

Okay Teresa- sounds as though you could use a care package. What
types of things can you
not find there that you really miss and would love to get a hold of.
I think between all of us we could all send a few things to help out
that really wouldn't put a dent in our supplies.
I'm sure your students would enjoy receiving packages from all over
America and the world.
Even if it's just another students work or a small pen or a pen pal.
Sandra Barrick

astroboy