Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Lesson Plans


Mark Kistler drawing book

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Melissa Enderle (melissae)
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 22:07:29 -0600


> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--MS_Mac_OE_3028572449_190738_MIME_Part
Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

I have the book as well and find it very appropriate for this age - or at
least for my students. Students of this age are into making things look
"real" and they can learn about perspective, overlapping, and shading in a
more fun way. In fact, I have used some of the pages as a 5 minute sketching
assignment.

__________________________________
| Melissa Enderle |
/)| melissae |(\
/ )| || \
__( ( art teacher/ adaptive art /_) ) )__
((( \ \ /_) / / / ) ))
(\\\ \ \_/ / \ \_/ / ///)
\ / \ /
\ _/ \_ /
/ / \ \
/ / \ \
Melissa Enderle
melissae

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I bought Mark Kistler's Drawing in 3-D, for my nephew who is in seventh
> grade. Does anyone know if the book appropriate for that grade level? I am
> worried that it may be too childish, but it looked like it contained some
> things that would be fun for him to try. I've only seen some of his
> drawings, but he seems to be working on making things look three
> dimensional. He does quite well drawing from observation, and I thought the
> book would help him with some techniques. I'd like comments about the
> book's age appropriateness (as opposed to its educational value). I just
> want my nephew to enjoy his present!
>
> Thanks, Leah

--MS_Mac_OE_3028572449_190738_MIME_Part
Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

Mark Kistler drawing book I have the book as well and find it very appropriate for thi= s age - or at least for my students. Students of this age are into making th= ings look "real" and they can learn about perspective, overlapping= , and shading in a more fun way. In fact, I have used some of the pages as a= 5 minute sketching assignment.

            &n= bsp;      __________________________________             &n= bsp;     |       &nbs= p;  Melissa Enderle        &nbs= p;|
            &n= bsp;   /)|        melissae= @pitnet.net       |(\
            &n= bsp;  / )|          &= nbsp;            = ;           || \
            __= (  (  art teacher/ adaptive art   /_)   ) )__<= BR>            ((( \ &n= bsp;\   /_)          =             / &n= bsp;/  /  ) ))
           (\\\ \ &= nbsp;\_/  /           = ;           \  \= _/  / ///)
            \ =          /    &n= bsp;            =        \      &n= bsp;   /
            &n= bsp;\       _/      &= nbsp;            = ;       \_      =  /
            &n= bsp;/      /       &n= bsp;            =           \   &n= bsp;  \
            / =      /        &n= bsp;            =            \  &n= bsp;   \
Melissa Enderle
melissae

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I bought Mark Kistler's Drawing in 3-D, for my nephew who is in sevent= h
> grade.  Does anyone know if the book appropriate for that grade l= evel? I am
> worried that it may be too childish, but it looked like it contained s= ome
> things that would be fun for him to try.  I've only seen some of = his
> drawings, but he seems to be working on making things look three
> dimensional.  He does quite well drawing from observation, and I = thought the
> book would help him with some techniques.  I'd like comments abou= t the
> book's age appropriateness (as opposed to its educational value). &nbs= p;I just
> want my nephew to enjoy his present!
>
> Thanks, Leah

--MS_Mac_OE_3028572449_190738_MIME_Part--

---
You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: hm-aen.edu
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-artsednet-4261K