Re: Pish, Posh

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
jwoodin.us
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:16:41 -0600

DHJones3 wrote:

> In a message dated 12/16/99 2:05:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> Sue_Stewart writes:
>
> <<
> Other art books I use are MY MANY COLORED DAYS (Dr Seuss), WHEN I LOOK AT
> PAINTINGS Lawrence Ferlinghetti, A YOUNG PAINTER (mentioned before on this
> list - about the life of Wang Yani), THE GRIFFIN AND SABINE series by
> Nick Bantock (high schoolers) , ARTHOUSE by Graham Percy and TALKING TO
> THE SUN Illustrated poems with great art selected by Kenneth Koch and Kate
> Farrell.
>
> Sue E. Stewart >>
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: jwoodin.us
I would recommend a Dr. Seuss book published after Ted Geisel died. The
book is "Hooray for Diffendooofer Day." Not only is it a wonderful
testament to free-thinking teachers, it is a terrific resource for
teaching the draft/final work process. The last few pages show the
sketches that Mr. Geisel did (obviously before his death), and the
authors speak about how they took the rough draft sketches and developed
the published edition. It is very easy for kids to see the
transformation between the rough sketches and the final product,
published after the death of the author/illustrator. The book is
available at Borders.com.