Re: 2 points, an idea

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Dennis Morris (theartboss)
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 07:29:07 -0800 (PST)

Are you confronted with old bleeding tissue and crepe
paper? Once upon a time it seemed all tissue and
crepe paper bleed. I used this characteristic to full
advantage with my 3-21 population. We misted our
paper with spray bottles, tossed the crepe paper
streamers and tissue paper streamers in the air ( ala
Jackson Pollock ). Placed wax paper over our image and
rubbed/pounded the paper to squeeze out all the color.
Removed the tissue and crepe paper to reveal a
beautiful stained paper which was used in a variety of
ways. At times we left the pile of soaked tissue and
crepe paper on the background sheet over night. In
the morning the clump was removed and provided us with
two beatiful images. The tissue/crepe clump still had
plenty of color in it and could be reused several
times. ( or torn apart and re-arranged to make another
image) My problem today is that all the crepe and
tissue on the market does not bleed.
Dennis Morris