Re: Tracing

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Litesal (litesal)
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 18:29:45 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Melissa Enderle <melissae>
To: ArtsEdNet Talk <artsednet>
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 1999 11:24 PM
Subject: Tracing

> What is your opinion regarding tracing in art class?
> --

Hi. I do not allow it. My program stresses drawing (k-5) and becoming
comfortable with ones own style and ability. I want students to appreciate
and even like their own visual expressions. However, I do encourage my
students to be "inspired," and "influenced," by art work and photographs
that appeal to them. This makes sense to me because I use many photographs
(my own and others) as references in my paintings.

Sincerely, Leah