RE: elf bowling virus

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
D Sterner (dsterner)
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:15:51 -0500

The elf bowling virus is a hoax! Our school's technology advisor just
issued a school wide memo addressing a parent's concern as she heard about
the virus and passed the information to school teachers. Our Tech guy
assurred us that he thoughly investigated the program's manufacturer and
concluded the program is safe to keep. Furthermore, he informed us that
these scare tactics are not uncommon given the popularity of the program.

if you are on a list respond to me directly dsterner
Don't forget to see my students

-----Original Message-----
From: Connie Robbins-Brady [SMTP:crobbins_brady]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 1999 2:54 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: elf bowling virus

Subject: Elf Bowling

I received an email with an attachment from someone on the artsednet list a
weeks ago, but never got the attachment downloaded because it was soooo
Then, my uncle passed on this note!! Just wanted to let you know in case
you WERE
able to download it!

."If you received a cute little game program called Elf Bowling, please
it from your computer. I was informed by Ft. Leavenworth computer
that it has been discovered that Elf Bowling has a virus imbedded in it
is set to activate on Christmas Day. They say it can distroy your hard

Delete the message, empty your deleted box, if you saved the attachment to
your hard drive, delete it, and empty your recycle basket."....

Scary, huh??

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Shopping:

You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: dsterner