Re: Discipline Based Art Education?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:10:23 -0500

"D. Lakey" wrote:

> I'm a preservice teacher and as a soon to be teacher, my instructors are
> singing the praises of DBAE. I choose to withhold my opinions of DBAE until
> I had a chance to gather information from those that would really
> understand. Any opinions?

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. Do you want to know our
opinion of you waiting until
you try it out? Or our feelings on using it? Information about it
can be gathered at the web site
http://www.artsednet.getty.edu.
What do I think? Much information is gathered besides one formula.
Dbae can be used as a guideline, as can other sources. Life
experience, environment, and one's own personality and emotion go
into teaching and how you represent the teaching experience. There
is no "One" set way of teaching. What is it about DBAE that you
doubting or are confused about? If you post a more specific question
that would help .
Sandra
astroboy