Re: Ideas for Stained Glass-like Drawings???

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Litesal (litesal)
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 20:11:13 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Larry Seiler <lseiler@ez-net.com>
To: ArtsEdNet Talk <artsednet>
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 1999 8:32 AM
Subject: Ideas for Stained Glass-like Drawings???

> I'm wanting to try various stained glass-like drawings, paintings, etc.,
> with some of my elementary classes, and possibly other Christ'masy
> suggestions.
>
> I've thought of using black glue (India Ink and glue mixed) to draw lines
> over chalk or watercolor. I'm thinking there must be a number of
> successful ideas. thanks....
>
> Larry Seiler

Dear Larry (and all),

I save all the leftover film from the laminating machine. Then I have
students make a tissue paper collage on the film using acrylic gloss medium
as an adhesive. Next, students make a black construction paper frame and
adhere that over the tissue paper. When the gloss medium dries, peel the
whole thing off of the film, and trim around the edges. Voila you have a
"stained glass" composition. Only problem is, there are no black lines
around the tissue shapes. Perhaps an addition would be black glue lines.

Sincerely, Leah